Hello dear friends!
Today is a very special day! One year ago today (exactly), I started this blog! I can’t believe it’s been a whole year! It’s gone so fast and I’ve had so much fun. I love writing for you, the lovely readers. I couldn’t decide what I wanted this post to be about and it’s been sitting in my “drafts” for months and months now. I had this huge elaborate plan to make this a lengthy, lengthy post, outlining all the highs and lows and in-betweens from this past year, and write and write and write ’till I exhausted my little fingers and your tired eyes. BUT, then I decided that I would do a much shorter version of that 🙂
First off… Thank You!
Thank you to all of you who have been here from the beginning. And thank you to all of you who have joined this journey over the past year. I’ve met some pretty amazing people through this little slice of the blogosphere and have had some pretty great opportunities. The opportunity to be myself and share all of my interests tops the list. I’ve learned a lot about myself and my writing since this blog started. It’s amazing how far my content and photography has developed and grown in the space of one year and even my knowledge and skill on WordPress has managed to build a little!
From great friendships, to lessons learned, I’ve grown so much as both a blogger and person and am so grateful for all of the opportunities I’ve been presented with. The only way this happened was because of YOU my amazing followers, friends, and family. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU for all the support!
And I hope I can learn even more. I want to continue bringing you little bits from everyday life.
A few things I learned as a blogger:
1. I can sum up how to approach your first year in one word.. patience. Rome was not built in a day, and when your staring at your screen kicking yourself because your blog doesn’t look like so and so or your photos are not editorial worthy or you wish you were as amazing and successful as the blog-queens – remember, it’s only year one.
2. DO NOT compare yourself to others! Everyone is different and everyone grows at a different pace! I am 100% guilty of doing this and am working on stopping.
3. Ignore the haters. Don’t take what people say too seriously. People who are mean and spiteful are only reflecting how they feel about themselves. It’s not you, it’s them! #hatersgonehate
4. Stay engaged with your followers. They are the reason you are able to do what you’re doing.
5. Be yourself. People like it. Just like with anything in life, you are going to run into problems if you start trying to be someone you’re not. This includes photoshopping your selfies and lying to your readers about your running times. People aren’t dumb. If you’re not being genuine, you will be found out. Just be yourself!
6. You are going to make amazing new friends, who you will feel like you already know when you meet them for the first time, just from reading their blog. Embrace it!
7. The blogging community is the best. It really is. It still surprises me when I receive a heartfelt email or comment from a blog reader that something I wrote about resonated with them. It is such an amazing feeling and one of the main reasons why I want to blog, to connect with people. Just one comment can brighten my entire month.
8. Last but not least, don’t give up just yet. I’m here to tell you – it’s ok to have struggles with your blog. It’s ok to have bad photography days. It’s ok to miss a post deadline (or two, or three). Your blog is your blog, no one else’s, and it can be whatever you want it to be.
Whats next for KingdomofSequins?
Well, I am pretty excited about this coming year! There will be more fashion, there will be more reviews, and of course events and collabs. I also have an exciting announcement that I have been waiting to share…. There will be a new home for KingdomofSequins. I have a new domain and website that will be up and running VERY SOON! In the meantime, my posting schedule will be a little less active but I will try to get out what I can. I love reading and keeping with you lovely people 🙂
I can’t wait to see what this next year brings!
And now for the best bit – to say thank you to all my fabulous followers, I am holding a little giveaway! It isn’t much or massively expensive, but it’s just a little thank you to celebrate my blog turning 1!
The giveaway will be announced on Instagram later today… Head over to kingdomofsequins for your chance to win!
Shop Similar Looks:
Thank you again!