Wow! How has 2015 already come and gone?…. What a year it is has been! Looking back on this year and remembering everything I have already accomplished, I don’t know how next year could get better!
Highlights of 2016:
- Lost 20 pounds
- Married my best friend
- Got my dream job
- Started my blog
- Got a new car
- First trip to New York
- Signed on our first home
I mean WHAT?!?! I am so blessed and grateful for all of the opportunities I had this year. I think losing weight made me more determined and kept my drive alive. Getting married was one of the best days of my life. Getting my dream job showed me to never give up and always strive to be happy in your career. Starting my blog was probably the most courageous and bold thing I have done so far and I can not wait to continue blogging and documenting my journey through this wild ride!
So I am setting some goals and resolutions for 2016 that I REALLY want to make a lifestyle. It was tough to think about what I really want to achieve but turning 30 has taught me to live my life to the fullest! I had some growing up to do the last couple of years and getting married really showed me that its not just about me anymore, its about us and our family. So here are my top 5 goals for 2016:
- SLOW DOWN!!
- I think this could be #1 for everyone. I am constantly go, go, go all the time and I never just stop and enjoy the moment. I think its normal to be in a rush sometimes especially if you are running late or trying to meet a deadline. But I have noticed that I am always rushing to get somewhere, clean, rushing around at work, driving, getting ready or running errands. I never just stop and savor the moment. I really want to work on this everyday!
- Pay off debt
- Yes I have debt and I don’t care who knows it…. This has been with me since college. I went to school out of state for 5 years and I know this debt will haunt me forever! I make my monthly payments on time but just seems like I never get anywhere. I am making it a point to spend less and save more. That is what I have realized is the only way to really pay it off. I already got the lecture from the hubby to spend less since we are buying a house. I am hoping to make a huge difference in my debt this year.
- Listen more, argue less
- Again, getting married has shown me that it is not about me anymore, its about us. I think its normal for couples to fight and argue every now and then but making an effort to really listen is what I need to work on. I always think I need to be right and that isn’t always the case. I am the one to run to the other room and ignore the situation if I don’t get my way. I need to stay and talk it out and not run away. My husband being 7 years older than me has shown me to mature and grow up and not to sweat the small stuff. It just isnt worth it. I am blessed to have him in my life and I know we can get through anything.
- This has been one of my passions for a long time. I have always been crafty and I love creating things. The last couple of years have been consumed with my son, working, teaching dance and just living life. I have not been able to really set aside time to scrapbook. I am going to make it a point to get back into it even when I just want to lay on the couch. Once I get going, I LOVE it! Reminiscing through pictures is one of my favorite things to do.
- Run 4 races this year
- This is going to be a long term goal for 2016. I would ultimately love to do more than four but I am setting the goal for one each quarter. I am actually going to go ahead and sign up for all four at once so I don’t have any excuses to back out. I love being active and I am an avid runner so this is super important to me. I know making this a priority will make me a better runner and healthier overall.
Well there they are…. I am ready to tackle these and make 2016 the best year yet!
HAPPY NEW YEARS FRIENDS!!! CHEERS!!!!!
What are some of your new years resolutions/goals for 2016? What were the highlights of 2015?