Happy (late) Thanksgiving!!!
I hope everyone had a great time with family and friends and I hope you all had turkey hangovers 🙂 We had a great time but of course I ate waaaaaayyyy too much 🙂 We had it at our house this year because my aunt recently had shoulder surgery so I was happy to host. We had so much food which was perfect for leftovers. I am actually finishing them as I am writing this 🙂
The lovely Adi from Adi in the Life challenged me in the “Be Thankful” challenge and I am so glad to share all of the blessings in my life.
- Share this image in your blog post
- Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for
- Write about 5 things in 2015 you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part
Five People I am Thankful For:
- My husband. Aka: My Best Friend! I honestly think I fall in love with him more and more every year. This was our first Thanksgiving as newlyweds, however, we have been together 6 years. Of course we have our ups and downs but we really do make a great team. Being together only 2 years, we had our son Ridge but I really think that made our bond stronger. He is my rock and my biggest supporter. I pray for many more happy years and holidays together 🙂
- My son/stepdaughter. My entire world! I have never felt love like a do with these two. My son makes me a better person, better woman, better human being and of course and better mommy. I am pretty much obsessed with any and everything he does. I know God put him in my life at the right time, being 26 when I had him, I needed to slow down and really enjoy every moment of life. My stepdaughter, who is now 14, is also a huge blessing in my life. She has grown into an amazing young lady and is just getting more beautiful by the day. She has the energy of a toddler and such a witty personality. I am blessed to have such amazing kids 🙂
- My mom. Aka: My “other” or “First” Best Friend! Me and my mom have always been super close. She raised me to be a responsible and an appreciative young lady. Being an only child, I know that was probably a challenge for her to make sure I was not a brat. She has gone above and beyond for anything I have ever needed. She is also an amazing “Emaw” to my son. I think she might even be more in love with him than she was with me hehe… I am blessed to have her in my life.
- My dad. The funniest person I know. I am definitely a daddy’s girl and I mean to a “T”. He has always put the fire in my soul and taught me how to never give up no matter what. I competed in dance my whole life and he would always be there to watch me perform. I would pump me up and encourage me to fight to the end. He is an amazing father and awesome “Epaw” He keeps our family young at heart and I am grateful for him.
- My family. The backbone to my life. I grew up with two younger cousins who were like my sisters. Even though we do not get to hang out as much anymore, we are and will always be super close. My grandma is the sweetest person I know and my aunt always has my back. They are my biggest supporters and I am blessed to call each and every one of them family.
Five Things in 2015 I am Thankful For:
- Getting Married. Aka: “Best Day Ever” Words cant describe how perfect my wedding day went… I was a hot mess and a complete emotional disaster BUT everything turned out the way I dreamed it would. My parents, husband, son, stepdaughter, friends, family, wedding planner and all of the vendors really pulled off such a special day that I could of never imagined possible. Now I have a husband and soulmate for life.
- My blog. Being a journalism major I have always had a passion for writing. I wanted to be a sports broadcaster or radio personality but the politics got in the way and I went a different direction. I have always followed several different blogs and wanted to start one sp this year I just said WHY NOT? I am so glad I did because I have met some amazing people who I already consider friends. It has also been a great way to get myself to try new things and be more courageous to venture out of my comfort zone. I look forward to where it can go….
- Getting a dream job. I am beyond thankful for an amazing opportunity I worked hard to get. I got a position with a global company and I am responsible for all 15 offices in the US. I support four executives and I organize all birthday/holiday and events for everyone. I was presented with this opportunity while I was with another company but I knew God had worked his magic and created this for me. I am 4 months into it and I am absolutely love it.
- Teaching Dance. My passion my entire life has been dance. I danced for 21 years and still haven’t hung up my hat. I teach hip hop to young girls and boys and strength and conditioning to the all star teams. The kids make it all worth it and really make my appreciate life. I love seeing them share the same passion I have my whole life and grow into such amazing dancers. This is more of a hobby than a job and I am blessed to do it every year 🙂
- Turning 30 Technically this hasn’t happened yet but I am ready to say goodbye to my 20’s and embrace my next 10 years in my 30’s. I am healthy, happy and I dont feel a day over 21… Turning 30 on December 12th will put a fabulous end to such an amazing year that I am forever grateful for.
Five Bloggers I Tag to do this Challenge:
Hannah from Loubs and Lips
Kaitlyn from Me Myself and Everything Else
Olya from Shiny Little Pearls
Chelsea from The Dancing Runner
Elisabeth from Everything and Nothin
There were several people I though of tagging but I know it only said 5 people…. I love each and every one of my blogging friends 🙂
Again, thanks to the lovely Adi for the challenge. I really enjoyed writing this post. It reminded me of all the blessings in my life and reminds me why I love blogging. I cant wait to read other posts from my friends and what they are thankful for….. Have a fabulous week ahead 🙂