“Let’s start all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
HAPPY OCTOBER!!! If you are like me, we have been waiting since last October for this day! I absolutely LOVE fall and everything that comes with it. Chilly weather, sweaters, scarves, yummy candles, football, pumpkins, candy and of course Halloween! Living in Dallas, it is hot 60% of the year so we will take any sort of breezy weather we can get. And its perfect running weather! I just now pulled out my blanket scarf because it was actually chilly this morning. I am such a planner and have OCD when it comes to being organized so I guess my anxiety has kicked in and I am making a bucket list for October. I love decorating, crafting, creating and planning so I have come with fun ideas to do with my family and friends. Of course if they want to… 🙂 I really want to do all of these things and make it a great October!
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Attend a football game and have a our own tailgate party
- Fair Day!!! Probably my favorite day of the season 🙂
- Roast marshmallows over a bonfire
- Organize our closets! (Donating old clothes and pulling out fall clothes)
- Take our family pictures for Christmas
- Have a pumpkin carving contest
- Make a fall wreath
- Watch a classic Halloween movie (besides Hocus Pocus)
- Participate in a 5k or fun run!
- Decorate the house and porch for fall ( I have already started this and cant stop )
- Rake the yard and jump in a pile of leaves
- Build a fort and tell scary stories
- Try a new seasonal beer (I am obsessed with craft beer )
- Make fall crockpot meals
- Attend a new fall festival
- Make homemade chili Texas style 🙂
- Find a sunflower farm and take pictures
- Buy a new berry colored lipstick
- Blog at least once a day! 🙂
Did I miss anything? What are some things on your bucket list for October or even for Fall?
The purpose in sharing my goals is really simple: I want support and accountability. I also want to encourage other folks to set, share, and accomplish things they want to achieve and feel good about it. It’s so easy to get bogged down in the everyday chaos of life (where I am right now) and it’s tough to get out (what I’m trying to do now). These are fun and realistic things that I always get really excited about but never end up following through with all of them. I will be posting about my bucket list as I check each thing off!